2lbs of Tilapia serves about 4-6 people
Avocado oil/olive oil for frying
1-Tablespoon Garlic powder
1-Tablespoon Onion powder
1-tsp or to taste of Salt
1-tsp dried Oregano
-2 peppers and some sauce from can of chipotle’s in adobo sauce.
-juice of 1/2-1 lime
-1/2 cup sour cream/Greek yogurt
-1/2 cup Mayo, I use this recipe
-1 tsp dried oregano
-salt to taste
- Mix all of your seasoning together.
- Rub onto thawed and paper towel dried tilapia.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Should be at a mild smoke.
- Fry fish one first side until the fish turns white on the sides (about 5min)
- Flip and finish cook for about 3-4 min. It should crisp up nicely this way.
- To really maximize the crisp after the flip, split your filet with a spatula, so you crisp another side of the fish.
- Fry in batches until complete. When fish is coming off pan, let them rest on a cooling rack with paper towels underneath, so they stay crispy.
-fresh diced mangos
-creamy adobo sauce (recipe below)
-cilantro lime rice
- Add all ingredients to mini blender or immersion and blend until mixed together.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.