1 cup – almond butter
4 tbl – butter
½ cup – cocoa powder
½ cup – coconut sugar
¼ – honey (I add this depending on what is going on top of cake).
2 tsp – vanilla
3 – eggs
1 tsp – baking soda
2 tsp – fresh lemon juice
Grain Free Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes 12 generous cupcakes, 24 mini cupcakes, or 1-1.5″ deep cake round
- Add the first 6 ingredients to your stand mixer and blend until fully incorporated. At this point, taste and adjust sugars, cocoa powder, and vanilla for flavor, although this is how I like it.
- Add 3 eggs, blending well after each addition.
- Add baking soda and lemon juice until the batter turns lighter in color and looks more like cake batter.
- Bake at 350F for 18-20 minutes for standard cake and cupcakes, only 8-12 min for minis!
* don’t overcook! Burnt almonds tend to taste gross.
*do adjust sweetener to taste if needed!